Criminal Defense Lawyers in Erie, Pennsylvania
Experienced Erie, PA Criminal Defense Attorneys Will Help You Avoid Prison and Fines
Charged with a crime, or about to be charged with a crime, in Pennsylvania? Don’t know what to expect? Scared about the possibility that you will go to prison? Worried about losing your job? You used to take your freedom for granted. Now, it’s all you can think about. At the Erie law firm of Purchase, George & Murphey, P.C., we defend freedom, one person at a time, one case at a time.
The Cases We Defend & The People We Help
We defend freedom and pursue justice for people facing a variety of criminal charges, including:
- DUI – We understand what’s at stake for you and your family. You may fear the loss of your job, your driver’s license, and your freedom. Additionally, we understand that you might feel embarrassment. That’s why we will work with you to make this the last DUI you ever face.
- Theft Offenses – Don’t let a moment of poor judgement or a case of mistaken identity result in a conviction that derails your educational or career plans. Purchase, George & Murphey, P.C. will defend you against allegations of burglary, robbery, forgery, theft, or receiving stolen property.
- Sex Crimes – The mere allegation of a sex offense can ruin your reputation, while a conviction could have sweeping consequences for the rest of your life. We fight to protect you from false or exaggerated accusations. We have successfully defended charges of rape, IDSI, sexual assault, indecent assault, and corruption of minors.
- Violent Crimes – Homicide, manslaughter, aggravated assault, simple assault, harassment, robbery, trespassing, and other violent crimes are serious offenses in Pennsylvania. We will protect your rights and your freedom — and we will work to get the best results possible for you.
- Drug Offenses – Possession of cocaine, heroin, marijuana, and other controlled substances, or possessing any of these drugs with the intent to deliver, can cost you your freedom, harm your reputation, and result in collateral consequences like driver’s license suspension, ineligibility for federal student loans, and prohibitions against voting or owning firearms.
What Our Clients Say About Us
The first step on your road to justice is choosing the right lawyer. This can be difficult in a time of so much meaningless lawyer advertising. Learning about the experiences of others can help you make that decision. It may not be the only factor, but it is certainly a good place to start. Here are some examples of what our clients have had to say about us:
- “I had the unfortunate need for an attorney. The task was daunting at best. But Tim made the the whole ordeal much more manageable and I am truly thankful to have worked with him. The staff there is great as well. Very professional and courteous and private. If I ever need an attorney again I will call Tim and his firm.” – Janet, November 4, 2016
- “It is my sincere hope to never have to [be involved with] the criminal justice system again, but if I did, my only call would be to Tim George.” – Anita, December 2015
- “Tim was informative, responsive, and compassionate. He also understood the sensitive nature of my case. I am thankful that I had him on my side!” – Matt, July 2013
Our Criminal Defense Case Results in Pennsylvania
No one can promise results. Every case unfolds based on its own unique facts. In fact, it is unethical for lawyers to guarantee a particular outcome. However, knowing what other cases a lawyer has handled – and handled well – is another big factor for you to consider when choosing the right lawyer for you and your case. View our criminal case results to learn about the criminal cases previously defended by Purchase, George & Murphey, P.C. and to help you decide whether we are the right Erie, PA criminal defense attorneys for you.
Why Hire Us as Your Criminal Defense Lawyers in Erie, PA?
The lawyers at Purchase, George & Murphey, P.C. enjoy favorable ratings by other lawyers and organizations that evaluate lawyers and law firms:
- Listed as Pennsylvania Super Lawyer – Criminal Defense in 2016 & 2017, as compiled by an independent service using a patented selection process designed to identify outstanding lawyers in particular practice areas.
- Rated AV-Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell for highest ethics and legal ability, based upon reviews by judges and other lawyers.
- Rated 10.0-Superb by Avvo.com, based upon our experience and endorsements by other lawyers.
- Awarded Client’s Choice Award for Criminal Defense by Avvo.com, based upon the number of favorable reviews by other lawyers and clients.
- Awarded Client’s Choice Award for DUI Defense by Avvo.com, based upon the number of favorable reviews by other lawyers and clients.
- Named Top 100 Trial Lawyers by The National Trial Lawyers.
- Named Member of National College for DUI Defense.
- Named Member of American Association of Premier DUI Attorneys.
Let’s Get Started – Call Us Today
Contact us today to get started. Call (814) 580-5017, complete our quick contact form, or use the “live chat” service. We are available 24/7 to answer your questions about criminal charges and defending your rights.