Common Work-Related Injuries in Erie, PA
Work Injury Attorneys Help Workplace Accident Victims Get Workers’ Compensation in Crawford County & Erie County, Pennsylvania
Thousands of workers die or are seriously injured each year in the United States. Many hundreds of these work-related injuries and deaths occur in Pennsylvania. Like injured workers elsewhere in the US, some workers in PA are so seriously injured that they never recover enough to resume their old jobs.
At the Western Pennsylvania law firm of Purchase, George, & Murphey, P. C., our Erie attorneys help injured workers and the families of those who died obtain workers’ compensation benefits. Whether your injury was life threatening or left you unable to work for weeks or months, we understand the workers’ comp system and know how to obtain maximum benefits. The insurance companies who carry an employer’s workers’ compensation coverage often fight claims, either denying them outright or offering only partial benefits. Our law firm levels the playing field for injured workers in Pennsylvania.
Common Work Injuries in Western Pennsylvania
Our Erie workers’ compensation lawyers handle all types of work-related injury and illness cases, including those involving common injuries and illnesses that occur because of:
- Assault and other violent actions, committed by other employees, customers, or people who enter the workplace.
- Repetitive motion injuries that can take a long time to develop but affect an employee’s ability to work, such as carpal tunnel syndrome, vision problems, and back pain.
- Getting caught in a machine. This is an accident that usually occurs in factories or other worksites where employees use heavy equipment. A common injury from this type of work-related accident is amputation.
- Motor vehicle crashes that affect employees who drive trucks or cars for their employers. These types of accidents can cause head and brain injuries, back injuries, spinal cord injuries, and burns.
- Injuries caused by walking into solid objects such as walls, doors, windows, furniture, or equipment. These injuries include broken bones, muscle and ligament strains, and head trauma.
- Injuries from objects falling from shelves or being dropped by another person, causing head injuries and back or spine damage.
- Reaction injuries that result from trying to avoid a slip and fall or other accident, often resulting in muscle injuries or other body trauma.
- Falling from a height, an accident common among roofers, construction workers, and others who often work above ground.
- Slip, trip, and fall injuries that occur on wet floors or because of objects such as power cords on the floor.
- Injuries caused by overexertion when pulling, lifting, pushing, holding, carrying, or throwing. The most common results include muscle and tendon damage, back injury strains, and sprains.
Contact Our PA Workers’ Compensation Lawyers After a Workplace Injury in Erie, Pennsylvania
For more information, contact the experienced and knowledgeable workplace injury lawyers at Purchase, George & Murphey, P.C. Call or use our online contact form. Our Erie workers’ compensation attorneys know you are hurting, so we will work hard to get you the workers’ comp benefits you need to recover your health and return to work.