Attorney at Purchase, George & Murphey, P.C.
Kathryn Kisak has more than 25 years of experience practicing law in the Erie community. She began her career at one of Erie’s larger firms where she was an associate in the Litigation Department preparing medical malpractice and car accident cases for insurance defense. She served as adjunct faculty at Gannon University teaching Legal Analysis and Persuasion in the Pre-Law Department. After taking some time off to raise three children with her husband, Jeff, she practiced family law as a sole practitioner for ten years at Melaragno & Placidi. She then served as law clerk to the Honorable John Garhart handling a wide variety of both civil litigation and criminal matters before joining the team at Purchase George and Murphey, P.C. where she performs legal research and writing as well as litigation support.
- Pennsylvania, 1992
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 1992
- Case Western Reserve School of Law
- J.D. 1992, American Jurisprudence Award in Trial Tactics
- Mock Trial Team (nationals); Moot Court
- Gannon University
- B.A. English, John Mark Gannon Award for Overall Academic Excellence (graduating 1st in class); John Mark Gannon Award for Excellence in English
Prior Legal Positions
- Quinn Law Firm, Litigation Associate 1992-1999
- Melaragno & Placidi, Sole Practitioner 2006-2016
- The Honorable John Garhart, Erie County Law Clerk 2017-2018