purchase, george & murphey.

purchase, george & murphey.


Pay Stubs Can Help You Recover Lost Wages In A Malpractice Suit

February 19, 2016

If you have suffered an injury due to the negligence of a doctor or other health care professional, you may decide to file a malpractice lawsuit to receive money to help cover expenses. Often, such an injury could leave you in a worsened condition that requires further treatment. As a result, you may be unable to go back to work until you have sufficiently recovered.

The inability to work and make a living will likely place an even greater burden on both you and the rest of your family. But fortunately, you can include lost wages as part of your malpractice lawsuit. However, you will have to demonstrate that you did, in fact, suffer a loss of wages and that the loss is attributable to the injury that you suffered at the hands of the negligent party or parties.

Insofar as showing that your income decreased, the simplest method is to create a comparison of the amount you were earning before and after the injury. This is something your attorney can do if you provide him or her with your pay stubs or other payment records. If you don’t have copies of your pay records, the attorney can act on your behalf to get them from your employer.

Lost pay is only one of the damages that you may be able to recover in a medical malpractice lawsuit. It is also possible to be compensated for other damages such as medical costs and pain and suffering.

But medical malpractice suits can be extremely complex. Often preparing such a case involves carrying out a very thorough investigation. In addition, it is important that all expenses are taken into account so that you can receive a fair settlement. An experienced attorney may be able to help you work out all the details in an effort to secure compensation that will fulfill your needs.