Crawford County Criminal Defense Lawyers
Tenacious Criminal Defense Lawyers Aggressively Fight for Clients Accused of Criminal Acts in Crawford County, PA
It happens every day—someone is arrested for committing a criminal offense in Crawford County and they are unsure where to turn for help. In some cases, it may be your first experience being subject to arrest or encountering the Pennsylvania legal system. You may be shocked, embarrassed and worried about how the arrest might impact your future. In every case, however, the following is true: it is vital that you take the arrest and criminal charges extremely seriously and seek out an experienced criminal defense lawyer to advocate on your behalf. This gives you the best chance of minimizing the future negative consequences of your arrest.
At Purchase, George & Murphey, P.C., our skilled criminal defense attorneys jump into action to protect your rights as soon as you retain our services. Whether this means meeting you in jail to help you through intense questioning by law enforcement or the prosecution, or immediately beginning to develop the strongest possible strategy for getting the charges against you reduced or dropped, you can breathe easier knowing that we are on your side. If you or a loved one have been arrested or learned that a criminal investigation into your acts is ongoing, call or contact us today so that we can go to work on your behalf immediately.
Our Crawford County Criminal Defense Practice Areas
Our criminal defense practice in Crawford County has evolved over the years so that we have successfully defended clients accused of a wide variety of criminal offenses. As such, our criminal law practice includes, but is not limited to, defending clients accused of:
- Driving while intoxicated (DWI)
- Driving while under the influence of drugs,
- Drug possession, including possession of marijuana,
- Drug trafficking & distribution,
- Sex crimes, including sexual assault, rape and date rape,
- Theft crimes, including shoplifting, robbery, burglary and more,
- Insurance fraud,
- Violent crimes, including harassment, assault, aggravated assault and homicide.
Even if the crime accused is only a misdemeanor, you should contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer to help minimize the future impact on your life, as these offenses can show up background checks accessible by potential employers, landlords or even your college.
Aggressive Criminal Defense Lawyers Purchase, George & Murphey Formulate Bold Defense Strategies for Clients Accused of Crimes in Crawford County
At Purchase, George & Murphey, P.C., we are committed to formulating a bold defense for every client who we represent in our well-established criminal practice. In our years of experience defending clients accused of crimes in Crawford County, we have developed a nuanced understanding of how the prosecution is likely to proceed based on the available evidence in your case. Our defense strategy will include:
- Evaluating whether your constitutional rights were respected during the investigation, arrest and questioning processes,
- Questioning the credibility of any prosecutorial witnesses, including based upon competency to act as a witness, bias, prior untruthful acts or inconsistent statements,
- Examining all physical evidence in your case to determine whether sufficient evidence exists to support the crime alleged,
- Determining whether evidence was properly maintained, or whether your rights were violated so that the evidence must be suppressed,
- Negotiating on your behalf with the prosecution every step of the way,
- Making sure you understand all the available options, as well as what to expect going forward with your case,
- Importantly, we treat every one of our clients with the dignity and compassion that they deserve during what may be the most stressful period of their lives.
Call to Schedule a Confidential Discussion with Our Skilled Crawford County Criminal Defense Lawyers Today
If you have been arrested on criminal charges or otherwise accused of a crime in Crawford County or elsewhere in Pennsylvania, it is critical that you take action as soon as possible to retain a skilled criminal defense lawyer. Your lawyer’s skillful advocacy on your behalf during the early days of an investigation or immediately following an arrest can significantly impact your future prospects for avoiding more substantial criminal penalties going forward.
To schedule a confidential meeting with one of our criminal defense lawyers, you can call our offices, fill out this online contact form or use the online chat feature on our website.
About Crawford County, PA
Crawford County is located in northwestern Pennsylvania, not far from Lake Erie and the Ohio border. Although Crawford County is comprised of numerous cities, boroughs and townships, Meadville is its county seat and most highly populated city. The Crawford County jail is actually located in Saegertown, Pennsylvania and the Crawford County courthouse is located in Meadville. As is the case in many other counties, magisterial district judges generally process most lower-level criminal offenses and traffic offenses, and a court of common pleas handles most criminal cases.
Frequently Asked Questions About Criminal Defense Strategies in Crawford County, PA
Yes, without question. Even if you know that you intend to plead guilty, an experienced criminal defense lawyer will both negotiate the terms of your plea agreement with the prosecution and explain all potential options available to you in lieu of pleading guilty. It may be possible for us to negotiate reduced charges, and, in all circumstances, we will work tirelessly to make sure your legal constitutional rights are protected through all phases of the plea negotiations and sentencing procedures.
Every criminal offense has its own unique set of elements. The prosecution is required to prove every single one of those elements beyond a reasonable doubt. This means that our skilled criminal defense lawyers will work tirelessly to show that the prosecution has failed to satisfy this heavy burden if at all possible in your case. In some cases, establishing this failure can allow us to negotiate reduced charges or have the charges against you dropped entirely.