Erie, PA Bike and Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
Pennsylvania Bicycle & Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Who Will Fight for You
The health and environmental benefits of walking or biking appeal to many people. However, the choice to do so comes with some risks. Specifically, pedestrians and cyclists are at risk of serious accident and injury while on the road. Although cyclists may wear helmets, they are still potential victims. Of course, walkers usually wear no protective gear at all. People injured in these types of accidents may be eligible for compensation.
Erie, Pennsylvania Law Firm Helps Pedestrian Accident Victims
Lawyers at the Erie, PA firm of Purchase, George & Murphey, P.C. help clients who were injured while walking or while riding their bikes. We understand the liability issues that are the basis for claims and lawsuits arising from bicycle and pedestrian accidents and work hard to build strong cases for our clients. We seek the maximum compensation possible for their damages and losses.
Examples of Bicycle and Pedestrian Accidents on Roads in Erie, PA
Our attorneys handle all types of pedestrian and bicycle accident claims. Some of the most common cases involve pedestrians who were injured or killed by:
- motor vehicles while legally crossing the street
- motor vehicles while waiting to cross the street
- vehicles that were backing up
- speeding or impaired drivers
- motorists turning left or right into the path of a bicyclist
- drivers opening doors of parked vehicles into the path of a bicyclist
- motorists failing to yield to a bicyclist or pedestrian
- motorists failing to stop at stop signs and red lights
- motorists sideswiping a bicyclist when passing
These and other bicycle and pedestrian accidents can leave victims with serious head, neck, or spine injuries, broken bones, internal damages, and other life-changing conditions. As attorneys, we always work hard to help accident victims obtain the resources they need to rebuild their lives.
What an Injured Cyclist or Pedestrian Can Expect in a PA Personal Injury Lawsuit
We thoroughly investigate each bicycle or pedestrian accident, sometimes using reconstruction specialists, so that we can know exactly what happened. We consult with life care planners when needed to determine the impact of the accident on your life. Are you able to work? Were your injuries so severe that you need lifetime in-home care? Will you require additional surgeries or intensive physical therapy? When we have answers to questions like these, we can calculate how much your case is worth and start developing strong arguments for compensation.
Depending on the nature of your injuries, you may expect to receive compensation for:
- Medical bills, including doctor visits, hospital stays, surgeries, and other expenses resulting from the accident
- Lost wages, both past and future, if you are unable to work
- Physical therapy
- Long-term care
- Cost of modifying your home or car to accommodate a disability
- Pain and suffering resulting from the accident
Contact Our Erie, PA Attorneys About Your Bicycle Accident
If you have been injured in a bicycle or pedestrian accident in Pennsylvania, contact our law firm for a free consultation. Call 814-273-2010 or use our contact form. Our experienced personal injury lawyers welcome the opportunity to discuss your rights and legal options.