Erie car accident lawyers know that winter results in more Pennsylvania auto injuries than any other time of year. The mix of ice, low visibility and distracted drivers is dangerous. Sometimes, though, it seems certain areas and roads produce more Pennsylvania car accidents than others. We seem them time and time again, causing us to wonder, "Are there certain roads in Erie that are more dangerous than others in winter?" Well, recent information from the Pennsylvania State Police, PennDOT, Millcreek Township Police, Erie Bureau of Police, Corry Township and a towing service seems to confirm our suspicions. There are definitely roads in Erie that have more than their fair share of Pennsylvania winter auto accidents. Here are the 13 most dangerous winter roads in Erie County, Pennsylvania:
1. Greengarden Boulevard
2. West 26th Street between Peach and State Streets
3. The intersection of Ash and 33rd Streets
4. The intersection of Pine Avenue and Ash Street
5. West Gore Road between Routes 97 and 505
6. Interstate 90 west of the Route 832 exit
7. Interstate 79 between McKean and Edinboro
8. 800 block of Oliver Road
9. Elk Creek Road west of Waterford Township
10. Interstate 90 east of Harborcreek Township to the New York State line
11. Sulfur Springs Road in North East Township
12. Interstate 86 from German Road Overpass to the New York State line
13. Route 8 from County Line to its intersection with Route 6
As Erie injury lawyers dedicated to bringing you an informative and educational site, we try to publish helpful information about Pennsylvania car accidents and injury law. Perhaps this information will help drivers remember that there really are particularly dangerous areas in our community and that it always pays to be cautious when driving in the winter in Pennsylvania!
If you or someone you love has been injured in a car accident in northwest Pennsylvania, the Pennsylvania car accident injury lawyers at Purchase & George can help. Call today for your free consult at 814-580-5017 or use the consult form at right. We'll help you to get the compensation you need for treatment, lost wages and to make up for your losses.